01 June 2011

Why I haven’t written a blog in a few weeks

Some blogs are harder to write than others.  I’ve been trying this one for a few weeks now and just can’t seem to get myself to do it.

Our hearts are heavy these days.  I can’t go into detail on here, but there are a lot of personnel changes going on in the next few months and year and the team here will be drastically shrinking.  Because of this (and a few other factors) the Center will be going from two sessions down to one, and all the little girls will be gone.  The program will focus much more on the older girls, especially on teaching them skills like sewing, cooking, cleaning, and how to make different goods to sell.  It makes a lot of sense and I’m excited for the new direction.

My heart, however, is broken.  The little girls will be gone.  Who knows what will happen to them?  Some will stay connected through siblings, and we have to hope that their time here has made a difference in them, short as it may be.

This is one of the most intense tests my f*ith has ever gone through.  It’s one thing to trust that a school year will go well or a decision will work out.  It’s another to trust the Father to protect these precious little girls from starvation or slavery when the odds are so heavily against them.  I have to trust that pr*yer works, and I have to pr*y.  There’s really nothing else I can do.

Tomorrow is their last day here, so today Em and I took our teaching time and took them back into another room, two at a time, and cleaned their feet and painted their toenails.  It was one of the most wonderful experiences I’ve ever had.  Some of them recognized the B*blical principle behind it, but the little ones were just giddy to have their nails done.  It was precious.

Oh how I will miss them.  Pr*y for our team.  This transition is pretty stressful, too.

IMG_7716 IMG_7687

IMG_7688 IMG_7750 IMG_7754

IMG_7620 IMG_7597

1 comment: