I know it sounds silly, but as much as I miss my car and the freedom of driving wherever I want, when I’m home I’m pretty sure I’m going to miss them terribly. Using public transportation used to be stressful, but now it’s become such a staple in my life that it’ll be weird to live without it. Not to mention driving on the right side of the road.
CNG’s aren’t bad, but I love rickshaws. The drivers are poorer so I don’t feel as bad letting them take advantage of my skin color… After all, they’re pedaling a bike, not pushing a pedal. Plus, for some reason it’s just so relaxing to ride one. Maybe it’s because I tend to ride them alone. I just love them. I love the little roads they go down that larger vehicles can’t take. I love the way I’ve developed a better balance in them. I love the drivers who are friendly and like to laugh at us or talk to us when we ride. I love the older “uncles” who’ll pull the cover over so people stare at us less. They’re just a wonderful part of South Asia that I’ll miss terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment