29 June 2011

Weekend Break…

We have been crazy busy this week.  You should be quite thrilled I’ve blogged as much as I have, in fact.

VBS is over.  Tomorrow is a holiday, so we’re heading to the beach for a weekend trip.  I probably won’t have a new blog for you tomorrow, but I’ll resume my list of things I’ll miss on Saturday.

Today was awful.  It was my last day at Free School.  It was kind of a blur of hugs and high fives and loving words and more presents than kids from their backgrounds should be able to afford.  I need to repack now to figure out how to fit all the journals, pens, and pictures I got.  I haven’t fully processed the day yet.  All I can say is that goodbyes are awful. 

We have so much to get done in our few days left here.  It’s crazy.  Pr*y for us.  Pr*y for debrief, that we can slow down and process what we’ve been through since we really won’t be able to until then.  Pr*y that goodbyes don’t kill us.

No comments:

Post a Comment