To start off, let me update and say that our little overnight trip to the beach was wonderful. We took a bus, which was MUCH nicer than the train back in March. It was a larger group of us (8) and all college age, so it was fun remembering what it will be like when I hang out with my friends back home instead of preteens and children all the time. I can now say I’ve been in the ocean fully clothed. It was a pain at times, but it certainly didn’t ruin anything. The waves were pretty brutal, but we were so happy to be in the water we didn’t care.
Anyways, I know I wrote a blog about them before, but I want to reiterate the fact that these little girls have completely stolen my heart. We had VBS with them last week and it was so wonderful seeing them again. Our newest housemate, who will be here til December, has also fallen in love with them already, and I’m excited to say that she is starting a program twice a week in the afternoons for them! Our biggest fear was losing touch with them since they move a lot, and this will hopefully take care of that.
These girls are precious. They are the sweetest people I’ve ever met. They don’t know what it’s like to be spoiled. They’re grateful for anything you give them. Their innocence is unbelievable. They were so excited when they got new uniforms a couple months back, and they were even more excited on their last day at the Center to turn in the uniforms and show off their best dresses from home.
They love unconditionally. You can make them cry and ten minutes later they’ll be jumping all over you again. They are little monkeys, so you learn to be on your guard around them. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve taken a blow to the back from one of them jumping on me without warning.
They are the messiest eaters. They are barely fed at home, but they will always offer some of their food to you if you’re around them. They’ll fake a tummy ache to get Tums because they think it tastes like candy, but they hate the flavored vitamins.
I adore these little girls. Leaving is going to be 1000 times easier knowing that they will be taken care of after we go.
Then again, who was I to ever doubt that? If you think I love them, you should see the way their Father’s eyes light up when they sing to Him. He made them adorable, and He adores them. I have to remember that.
No comments:
Post a Comment