07 July 2011

The change of plans

Somehow, Em and I managed to fit in one last crazy adventure before going home.

Tuesday morning we went to the airport.  We had an 11:50 flight to point A, and then a 4:15 flight to point B, then a 7:45 flight to point C.  We found out around 11:30 that our flight had been cancelled.  This isn’t really a big deal as South Asian airlines do it all the time.  We worked it out and got new tickets at 2, landing us at point A around 2:50.  The flight even got in early, so it was looking like we had handled the tiny bump on our own just fine.

Unfortunately, Point A is the most poorly designed airport in the world.  We had no idea where to go to check in for the next flight and when we asked for the international terminal, they sent us to international arrivals.  We ended up being lost for about 30 minutes and finally making it to the check-in counter at 3:30.  No big deal since the flight left at 4:15, unless you are flying with Jet Airways, who require you to check in an hour before takeoff and have absolutely no wiggle room about it.

After a series of complicated and unpleasant but exciting adventures, we spent the night in a local hotel, got a hold of our travel agent, and got a flight at 1:25 pm the next day to a new Point B and then to Point C.  That day went pretty well, and we made it to debrief safe, sound, and proud of ourselves for making it without boys or supervisors telling us how to do things.

As you know, I have been struggling with leaving.  A lot.  I really think the Father threw this wrench in our plans for a reason, and that reason had a lot to do with my attitude.  I was so focused on the things I love here and will miss here and had lost focus of the Name I came here to share.  Hard as it may be, He is calling me back home, to school, so I have to follow.  That’s why He sent us to spend one last day in my least favorite city in the subcontinent, I think.  It reminded me the things that I won’t miss from here and that He always provides, even when I’m not getting my own way.

Enough about that, though.  Today was awesome.  We got up at 4:30am this morning and spent most of the day on a bus, but I got to see a couple pretty sweet buildings…

DSCN3350

No comments:

Post a Comment