05 July 2011

Thing’s I’ll Miss: Big Girls

I’m not sure how to write this one.  I’m in the airport waiting another 2 1/2 hours for my flight since the original was cancelled, so I’m in travel mode and not reminiscing mode.

Let’s just say yesterday was horrible.

Goodbyes are usually a little tough for me, but not awful.  I’m a pretty emotional person, so the fact that they don’t bother me shows that I’m just wired for change.  I’ve never had such an awful goodbye as yesterday, though.  The girls were sobbing and we were sobbing.  I haven’t been sleeping much lately, so I’m physically and emotionally exhausted.  These girls have to do this so often, falling in love with volunteers and then saying goodbye.

These girls, though, are the light of my life here.  They are beautiful.  They are sweet.  They have such distinct personalities from each other that I could write a book for you about.  I have wonderful memories of them all.  Come visit my dorm room in the fall and I will introduce you to each of their pictures if you’d like.  I’m not sure how to describe anything from this semester, but they are the most wonderful people I’ve ever met and I HAVE to see them again.  This HAS to be “see you later.”

 SANY5573 DSCN3310 IMG_7568
 DSCN3315 DSCN2538

2 comments:

  1. Rach... When will we see you ???? We have missed you so. Can't wait to see you and hear all about your trip. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed little girl. It's time to come home.
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete