I haven’t blogged about this in a while because we haven’t had it since before summer break. Since the schedule changed, we had to stop. We also ran out of some essential supplies (which the Father provided some of for us this very week, hallelujah!) I wish I could tell you all about these girls, but to protect them, all I’ll say is a little. They are sisters. They are beautiful. They are talented. I miss having alone time with them twice a week. The older understands enough English to communicate with me, and we’ve had some great talks through a translator, too. She used to be so shy but just in my few months here, I’ve seen her become filled with a new boldness that I’m excited to hear the fruits of in the coming years. The younger is a sweetheart. She was one of the hardest girls for us to get to warm up to us, but now, she is one of the sweetest. She has days where she refuses to smile, and I know that things are rough at home for them, so it’s usually because of that, but other days she will just come right up and start hugging and playing with us and just being a happy teenager. I love it. I love watching the two interact, without even speaking. They are the youngest in their family and they are so close. They are talented, and fast learners. One has more of an eye for design while the other is better at the technical side. They make a great team together. I’m excited to hear how they continue to use this after I leave.
27 June 2011
Things I’ll Miss: Jewelry Class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment