30 March 2011

I have developed a renewed love for Tang.

Apparently Wednesday is my best day for blogging.  After Free School, I come back to the apartment and have lunch and a few hours to myself til Discipleship at 430, unless I choose to head to the Center sooner, which I usually do.  It’s nice, though.  It means I have Thursday, a pretty easy day, and then the weekend starts on Friday.

Today was wonderful.  My students are precious.  My 6th graders are my favorite.  They gave me a picture today that they drew for me, and I wanted to melt.  They’re just so sweet, all the time.  We played charades with different verbs, which was super fun.  I just looove them.

This week has been pretty chill, which is nice.  The weekend was wonderful.  Saturday was Independence Day here, so Em got the day off from the orphanage.  We did absolutely nothing on Friday and got all of our work done on Saturday, and it was delightful.  We had a friend come in Saturday night for a couple days, so it’s been fun showing her around.

Not much else to say.  Things have calmed down this week.  The rain has started some, although the real rainy season isn’t supposed to be til May.  Still, it’s certainly cooled things off some the past couple of days and I’m very grateful for that.  I’m sure I’ll be loathing the rain eventually, but right now, it’s certainly a blessing.

Love you all!  To my college friends, hang in there!

DSCN2668

1 comment:

  1. This drawing is precious. I still have artwork from my kids in Nicaragua, and trinkets from my sisters in Niger.

    The rains will get you- I was in Niger for the end of the rainy season, and it would rain for about six hours straight... no power, no traveling, no nothing... Lots of books- stock up. :)

    I love you,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete