11 March 2011

Time flies

It’s crazy to think that I’ve been here for almost two months now.  The American in me is looking back over the past two months and thinking how little I’ve accomplished, feeling how exhausted I am, and wondering how the two are possible together.

The South Asian in me, however, thinks it makes perfect sense.  When I look at how much time it takes to run a simple errand, like running to the grocery store, or how much effort it takes to simply walk up the stairs to my apartment, not to mention teaching and studying and facilitating and babysitting, I wonder how we get by with only one day off each week.  Then I remember how big my Father is and how faithful He is to refill me constantly.

I love being here.  Some of the things that can annoy me the most are also the things that I love the most.

I love the girls like crazy.  There are times when I’m overwhelmed by their jealousy with each other over kisses or their insistence that repeating a sentence over and over will make me understand the language (which, unfortunately, simply does not work.)  At the same time, I love their hugs and kisses.  I love when they teach me things.  I love when they smile.

I love my teammates.  We’re frustrated at times and tired all the time, and there are natural arguments and short-tempered moments, but I’m so glad we’re in this together.  We all understand the pressures of life here and what each other are going through, so we’re all more patient with each other.  Everyone who visits here is blown away by the incredible community that believers have in this city.  I love living with 3 other Americans who are completely different from me but have the same Passion as me.

DSCN2575 DSCN2443 IMG_1566

PS: Happy birthday, daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment