11 May 2011

Do not tempt Him…

It’s hot here.  Really hot.  For my fellow South Carolinians, you know how it is in the coastal areas of the state in the height of summer?  That three-digit temperature with what has to be over 100% humidity, where you step outside and a thick film of sweat appears on your body almost instantly?

I don’t mean to be dramatic, but that’s what the past few mornings have felt like here before 8am.

Of course, because of this, Em and I spent some time “discussing” this before bed last night, lying in our beds with shorts and sleeves rolled as far as they could go because, of course, the power (and A/C) was out again.  Even when it’s on, now, it’s not as cool as it was only a month ago.  We had been told the rainy season would start in May and cool things off.  We finished our complaining around 11 or so and tried to get to sleep.

Shortly after midnight, loud noises woke me up, and I found our city to be in the middle of one of the most intense thunderstorms I’d ever heard.  The rain itself was loud, not to mention high winds and lots of thunder, the kind that just rolls and rolls and rolls.  One of our housemates peeked into the room right after I woke up, rather freaked out, because the sounds were worse in her room.  I got up to look out the window, and then soon proceeded to help her shut the window in the hallway that our darling house helper likes to leave open.

It certainly cooled the apartment down a bit.

When I finally got back into bed, I laughed a little to myself and apologized to Father about our complaining.  With His point proven to me and my faith back in the right place, I woke up at 7 to clear blue skies for Free School today.

So take my advice today, no matter what you’re struggling with.  Take a moment right now to really think about who is in control of all your circumstances, and feel the peace that realization can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment