It’s been over a week since my last post, and a lot has happened since then. I’ve seen a lot of tensions finally begin resolving between nationals we’re working with. We did a visa run this past weekend to a wonderful place that I’ve dreamed of going all my life. I’d love to tell you more about it, but as I tried to write a blog about it in my head, I just never could figure out a way to talk about it without revealing my location and/or boasting about the awesome trip I got to take. Let’s just say I got to walk the ground of a personal hero and see once again how much bigger our Father is than I can comprehend.
Also, Today is April 11th. Tomorrow marks the halfway point between my leaving the US and my return. I could do a lot of reflecting and soul-searching on here, but I would pretty much be repeating things I’ve already observed for you. One thing’s for sure: I miss a LOT of people a LOT more than I’d anticipated. I don’t really miss home, despite the culture and stress around me. I just miss people.
Another side note is that I have finally been struck with the dreaded “ookoom” (lice) that all who volunteer at the Center get one time or another. I’m going to finish this blog now so I can wash the lice shampoo out of my hair.
Just another day in paradise =)
No comments:
Post a Comment