Yes, I stole that from the Amazing Race. I’ve gotten hooked since they went to Calcutta and Varanasi. While I disagree that it is the meaning of life, I do think it’s a good idea.
I must reiterate the fact that it feels amazing to be past the halfway point. Through all of my internal struggles, I always looked to the halfway point, knowing that a weight would be lifted when I got there, and it really has. I know how far I’ve come, so I know I can make it the rest of the way. My Father has promised me that. I miss a lot of people back home, especially my family, but I can count down the weeks til I see them again without the number depressing me. The heat has gotten ridiculous, but I know the rainy season is right around the corner.
Most importantly, I’ve been filled with a renewed sense of urgency concerning my time here. I’m not just halfway through, I don’t just have less than three months left to endure. I have less than three months to love on these girls. I have less than three months to figure out how to turn jewelry-making into a business in a culture I’m still a baby at understanding and an economy I know almost nothing about. I have less than three months to penetrate the slums with the Good News, breaking down the cultural walls that are pushing our message out. I have less than three months to reach the personal and academic goals I set for myself back in January, most of which I’m far behind on. I have less than three months til I may never ride a rickshaw again. In less than three months, I have to say goodbye to the little girls and young women that have completely captivated my heart, knowing how likely it is that I’ll never see them again.
That’s why I feel good right now. I was worried I would waste my time wanting to go home, but now that it’s getting closer, I’m not going to let myself waste any second. I’m going to love relentlessly.
No comments:
Post a Comment