24 January 2011

Home, Sweet Home!

We’ve finally made it!  After the most adventurous day of flying I’ve ever had, we finally arrived at our new home for the next few months.  We live in an apartment on the 5th floor with two sweet, sweet ladies and the view is magnificent!  The room is cozy, and we used our college student resourcefulness to organize all of our clothes and other stuff so the room is pretty neat.  We have a house helper who cleans and cooks some amazing meals, which we’re excited to have every day.  We’ve already got full wardrobes from the clothes that have been left behind.

I love this country already.  The people here are beautiful and extremely friendly.  Even though the city is rather large, there is green everywhere. 

We got our schedules today, and they’re very exciting.  Each day is different, so I don’t think we’ll ever get bored.  We’ll be helping at the shelter, reading at local schools, storying in neighborhoods, and helping the local M’s in different things.  We met the girls at the shelter today, and they are the sweetest girls in the world.  So many hugs and kisses!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie! I'm so happy that you're loving it! Please keep writing, I'll be reading. Mom and Dad say hi, and we're all very excited for the adventures and work that you'll soon be undertaking and the ones you've already had!

    Much love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! I'm so glad that you're having a good time. I can't imagine how excited you must be. What's the food like over there, bee tee dub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bek! Tell them I love them (and you) too!

    And Laura, it's pretty great. It can get spicy at times, but most of the places I eat know that Americans aren't used to as much spice, so they're gentler. We have tea all the time, which I loooove. And lots of bread. And rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The schedule sounds perfect for you, Rach. You do tend to have the attention span of a small rodent. ;-) I know they'll keep you occupied. I really, really can't wait to see pictures of this place. It sounds GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete