14 February 2011

Love is in the air.

Happy Valentines Day!  Ours is drawing to a close, but yours is just beginning.  I had every intention of not acknowledging this holiday, but that plan failed as I walked in the door of the center to “Hello Rachel 5 Auntie!  Happy Valentines Day!” from several children and similar greetings from the staff.  We were picking up some groceries this afternoon, however, and were delighted to receive roses from the bag boys.  Yes, there was one for every customer, but to two American girls in this city where we avoid even making eye contact with men, it was cause for many giggles on the way home.  Tonight, we’re making s’mores and watching a chick flick.

In addition to Valentine’s Day, love has also been a topic lately as one of our teachers at the center was married on Friday.  The wedding was a wonderful experience.  I’m not sure what was going on half the time, but we arrived to many hugs and kisses from our girls and flower petals being thrown in our hair.  After a lot of mingling, we calmed the girls enough to sit and spent the entire ceremony keeping them relatively quiet.  After the ceremony, everyone ate in shifts as there weren’t many tables in the reception area.  The day had three main joys for me: First, the bride, our beautiful friend, has been waiting for this for a long time and seeing her joy as she finally was married was worth every stress in preparing.  Secondly, dressing up in fancy wedding sari’s and putting on makeup for the first time in a month was pretty exciting.  Thirdly, between the four of us housemates, we got some pretty awesome pictures of our girls.  I’ll try to throw some on here.  Credit for most of them goes to my partner.

Love you all!

 

Also, Happy Birthday, Anna!!!

 

IMG_6980  IMG_7126 IMG_6988

  DSCN2551DSCN2582

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Rachel, I noticed some inaccuracies in my last post. Shouldn't have typed something that was on there. Well hope you had a great V-D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael... I love the pictures ! How beautiful and how wonderful to see your beautiful, smiling face. We miss you and are so... proud of all that you are doing. Love from all of your friends at NSBC !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, Rach. I'm actually glad you got to celebrate V-day even if you weren't planning on it. That'll definitely be one V-day you'll remember perfectly for the rest of your life. ;-) Btw, those clothes were made for you. You look GORGEOUS. Not seeing a nose stud yet though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, and don't hold your breath.

    ReplyDelete